Sat. Aug. 7, 2010: Art on Track
Sat. Aug. 7, 2010: Art on Track
– How To Redress, an installation proposal and first project in exploring the idea of demographics, focus groups and marketing. For Redress, I screen printed dress patterns and recruited a few artsy women to repurpose/redesign/re-imagine them as an expression of themselves.
Participating Artists are: Megan Klawitter, Sanya Glisic, Lindsey Meyers, Marya Cormier, Rea Koukiou, Katie Nahas, Rachel Ginsberg, Leda Zawacki, Kat Simmons, Morgan Krauss, Kali Davidson, Michelle Mashon, Jaime Roche & Linda Solotaire.
Projects I’m working on (and some need your help!):
– it’s almost time for “How To ReDress: The Male”, so see the ReDress project entry & if you’d like to be a man participating in the next phase, let me know!
– NEEDS A HOME! PARTICIPANTS? Lost Soles is a fun, living comic/soap opera story told by those one shoes you see by the side of the road, in parking lots, castaways in the stage farce we call life. If you see a derelict cast-off shoe, snap a photo on your phone (or camera?) and email me! – one day, the shoe, and it’s untold story, will be memorialized in a sprawling photo community project.
– NEEDS A HOME! An interactive installation of mixed media, oil/print paintings based on:
“It is a mistake to think that the state works within the boundaries of laws. The public does not obey laws. It obeys rules within the boundaries of a triangle, the first side of which is the law. But the triangle has two other sides: common sense and ethics.” – Moshe Feiglin
– COMMISSIONS for portraits like the below piece in silkscreen & oil on canvas. For yourself or a gift, all I need is a photo- email me.
This site is more of a place for me to post my artwork for people to see and buy. BUT I will occasionally post about what’s going on with me artistically or really exciting upcoming art opportunities. Work for sale can also be found on www.michellemashon.etsy.com
Currently, I am mostly a printmaker at Spudnik Press in Chicago (www.spudnikpress.com) and am planning more oil and watercolor work this year, as well as pursuing more opportunities for realizing installation & interactive work.
Click the thumbnails to see larger versions. Installation work is some of my favorite- I’m always looking for opportunities and events where I can create them, so if you know of any please email me!
The newest installation I did was for Collaboraction’s Sketchbook X…
“The Effect Of Water Lilies Is Boundless”, an interactive installation by Michelle Mashon & the Sketchbook X audience
“To explain the concepts of exponential growth, French children are told a story in which they imagine having a pond with water lily leaves floating on the surface. The lily population doubles in size every day and if left unchecked will smother the pond in 30 days, killing all the other living things in the water. Day after day the plant seems small and so it is decided to leave it to grow until it half-covers the pond, before cutting it back. They are then asked, on what day that will occur. This is revealed to be the 29th day, and then there will be just one day to save the pond.”
The installation grew each night of Sketchbook, with me adding a design to represent the audience members’ presence…
Email me for freelance pricing and resume – paid gigs only please.
Click the thumbnail to see a larger version filmstrip. All pieces are for sale, email for pricing and sizes- and I am seeking COMMISSIONS for portraits:
For yourself or a gift, all I need is a photo- email me!
Click the thumbnail to see a larger version filmstrip. All illustrations are for sale- email me for pricing and commissions.